Thursday, September 22, 2011

The New Hypocrite

"We are all, one hopes, imaginative enough to recognize the dignity and distinctness of another religion, like Islam or the cult of Apollo. I am quite ready to respect another man's faith; but it is too much to ask that I should respect his doubt, his worldly hesitations and fictions, his political bargain and make-believe."

Despite the fact that G.K Chesterton lived close to a hundred years ago (he died around 80 years ago), what he says is still relevant to our so-called changed world. Truly the writer of Ecclesiastes said it right when he wrote "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Taken from What's Wrong With The World by G. K. Chesterton, Project Gutenberg version.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^