Friday, January 13, 2012

I (Finally) Finish the Blanket

My knitting project, which has taken up a lot of my reading time, was finally finshed yesterday. If you don't know, it's a baby blanket for Baby Caitlyn, my Sunday School Teacher's adorable little child. This is what it looks like:

It was supposed to be a bricklike pattern but I messed up the purl stitch and it was a new way of doing the knit stich. Hence, the pattern didn't turn out as planned.  Here's the close-up:

And the even close-up photo, which is so close as to be indecipherable. It's true what they say about about tunnel vision, it obscures the pattern. This is when the ability to take a broader view is essential.
Here's the underside or "wrong side" of the knitting. It just looks like squiggly lines(: The bumps you see are the cut of yarn that I've weaved it. Yes, I changed yarn every two rows and it's tiring.
After this experience, I'm starting to think that real magic is in these sorts of arts and crafts. Can you believe that two different strings (which is what yarn essentially is - a long piece of string) and two thin metal sticks can make a blanket appear? Almost out of thin air. This is probably more magical than any spell that could be cast.

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful blanket. Love it.

    By the way, you should listen to audio books while knitting (hitting two birds with one stone). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Oh, yeah, I haven't thought of that alternative ^^ I'll do that next time (if there is a next time ;) )

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^