Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

I've wanted to read this book for at least three years, maybe four. It all started when I did an except as part of an Unseen Prose test (I will continue over-sharing in my review). And now, I managed to get a copy for only 200 yen! In what I consider mint condition too(: And so, without further ado, is my teaser:

"Priests and masters tell us Confirmation means you're a true soldier of the Church and that entitles you to die and be a martyr in case we're invaded by Protestants or Mahommedans or any other class of heathen. More dying. I want to tell them I won't be able to die for the Faith because I'm already booked to die for Ireland." 

I know it's three sentences, but the middle one is so short it shouldn't count! And like always, Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. So tell me, what are your teasers?

4 comments :

  1. I loved this book...and the movie! Great teaser.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this memoir. I tried reading the next one but wasn't into it. Have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh? There's a sequel and a movie? Nope, sadly I haven't read/watched either.

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^