Friday, June 21, 2013

Foreverland is Dead by Tony Bertauski

Quite some time back, I read The Annihilation of Foreverland (link to review). It was a pretty good read, and now the sequel - Foreverland is Dead is out! So from the start, I want to thank Tony for offering me a review copy(:

The Annihilation of Foreverland followed Danny as he discovered the truth about foreverland (that was an awfully repetitious sentence). And well *SPOILER ALERT* they manage to rescue everyone from that awful dream thing. But, if you think about it, only the boys were rescued at the end of the book - so what about the girls?

And that is where Foreverland is Dead comes in. All the girls in the girl version of Foreverland wake up without their memories. There are two girls that are going to be our main characters - Cyn, who becomes the unofficial leader and Miranda, this pretty girl who wakes up in the house (all the other girls wake up in a hut). As they try to figure out what happened, it becomes clear that there are a lot of problems.

Since there was a pretty significant period of time between the two books, it took me quite a while to get my bearings. But once I remembered what went on in The Annihilation of Foreverland, it was pretty easy to figure out what was going on in Foreverland is Dead. Trust me, that cut down on the temptation to read the ending first so I could find out what happened (I'm really not a wait till end girl - I like to find out the end first, then focus on how the story is told). If you've read the first book, then instead of the suspense of "what's gonna happen next", you'll have the suspense of "argh, hurry up and realise what's going on". And yes, I prefer the second type of suspense.

It really is a good book. If you liked the first one, you'll definitely like this. And if you want to read about dreams, body-snatching and friendship you should read this too.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^