Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin

After a long long hiatus, I went to BookOff, and surprisingly, found quite a lot of books that I wanted to buy. Thankfully, I managed to restrain myself, although I couldn't help buying a copy of Please Look After Mom. I have this impression that I've heard lots of good things about it, and it's only 105yen! I can definitely afford to gamble on this book.

So, Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To take part, all you have to do is share a two-sentence teaser from whatever you're reading. My teaser this week is:

"Bright light bounced off the roof and the yard, but the young woman's expression was dark. She looked up at the clear autumn sky once in a while, craning her neck."

This sounds like an interesting novel! I can't wait to share my review once I'm done!

What is your teaser this week?

10 comments :

  1. Great teaser. Love the cover too! Hope you enjoyed reading it.

    Here is my teaser post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful cover! Something I'd pick up, for sure. My teaser is a bit different this week - news on an upcoming Jack Reacher short story.http://writenotereviews.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/teaser-tuesday-lee-childs-high-heat/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the teaser and the cover. Come see my teasers for Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh and Ink by Amanda Sun. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser...I remember hearing good things about this book also.

    Here's my Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-18-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound really interesting, and the cover is lovely :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool cover. Happy reading.

    http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/teaser-tuesday-june-18/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice description in your teaser, and I love the book's cover.
    My Teaser is from THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book is beautifully written with a wonderful translation from the Korean by Chi-Young Kim. The translation helps the book flow flawlessly. The book is a gem. With little action, there is deep characterization and lives are examined deeply. This is a brilliant book on many levels and from many perspectives.
    Best Reviews for Website Design Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would most definitely recommend this book to just about anyone; just get your tissues ready.

    Marlene
    PicCell

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^