Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

I did say that I didn't intend to do so many Teaser Tuesdays this year, but I'm reading Les Miserables now and had to make an exception. This huge brick of a novel (and I mean that in a complimentary way, I love reading!) has been on my to-read list for a while, but I didn't think I could finish an ebook. So I waited until I could get my hands on a paperback.

So, here's the teaser:

Loving in ignorance, she loved with all the more passion. She did not know whether it was good or evil, beneficent or dangerous, necessary or accidental, eternal or transitory, permitted or prohibited: she loved. (Page 898)
Love this teaser! And I really did find it randomly, not by flipping page after page until I found one I like.

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To participate, just share a two-sentence teaser of a book you're currently reading alone with the title and author.

What is your teaser?

4 comments :

  1. I've never read this one, and I'm almost afraid to. The musical verson is so good, but I'm not sure I'd make it through this 'brick'. I'm glad you are enjoying it, though!
    My teaser today is from Steeped in Evil.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/03/tuesday-memes-march-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser. This one is on my "read before I die" list. My teasers this week are from Eyes Closed Tight by Peter Leonard and The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I've seen the stage production, I've never read the book. Sounds like one I should tackle when I have a big block of time. It's on my list.
    My Teaser is from SPARE CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely lines...
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/teaser-tuesday-march-04/

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^