Saturday, June 11, 2016

Once Upon a Time X Reading Challenge (Early Roundup)

It's not quite June 21st yet, but I'm going to be busy on that day, so I might as well do an early round up of the challenge while I have the time and still remember what's going on. I can always come back and update if it turns out that I've read more books in the meantime.

Books I have read for the challenge:

The Complete Alice in Wonderland by C.S. Lewis, adapted by Leah Moore, John Reppion, Erica Awano (Fairytale)
Memories of Ash by Instisar Khanani (Fantasy)
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (Mythology)
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George (Fairytale)
Sabriel by Garth Nix (Fantasy)
The Folklore of Discworld (Folklore)

That's six books in four categories, which means that I finish...

*drumroll*



AND



Plus, I blogged about Grimm (and by the way, the season 5 ending was AMAZING, I can't wait for season 6!!), which means that I also finished



That's three quests, which is one more than I was aiming for. Plus, I read a few more books that I wouldn't have otherwise - as much as I love the Once Upon a Time tales, I don't tend to seek them out, rather, I pick them up when I stumble across them. It was a nice change to go looking for them, and I found two new authors to follow!

Although it would be hard to pick a favourite, I know which one I didn't enjoy as much - The Penelopiad. I do know a history major who loved it, though, so I'm probably just not intellectual enough for her :p

Yay for this challenge, and hopefully I can sneak in one more book before it official ends(:

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge! I am still posting my reviews on the books I read for it, but I went over--which I hoped to do, but wasn't sure I would be able to. I'm quite happy about that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to go over (:

      And thank you! I was a bit worried I'd forget to post in time, so most of them went up as soon as they were done :p

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^