Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Nightmare Before Christmas Manga

It would be impossible to look at this and not request a review copy. Luckily, my request was granted, so I didn't have to wonder what the manga version of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas looks like.


And double luckily, it's a really good adaptation! Most of the original character design had been kept (I like the way manga looks, but big sparkly manga eyes would not have been good for this). And it does have that manga-vibe, due to the font and the panelling plus backgrounds.



If you liked the movie, you'll probably like this manga adaptation. It's faithful but does have the vibe of manga to it.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

2 comments :

  1. My daughter loves this movie. I like it, although probably not as much as she does. I love the artwork you shared. I think I might like this. I don't really read Manga, admittedly, although my husband does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on Netgalley, so it's worth requesting a copy for review(:

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^